This five day course gives in-depth coverage of the facilities available in VGL. Delegates discover how sophisticated VGL programs can be used to access and process data in the SampleManager database, and how to write directly to the database, external files or third party software packages. This course is an essential part of becoming a VGL expert.
Delivered in a classroom style by one of our expert education consultants, the course uses a hands-on approach with real life data where appropriate. You will receive a certificate on completion of the course, and comprehensive course notes that can be used as reference material.
Upon completion of this course delegates will have:
- VGL commands, statements, and facilities
- Libraries, constants, passing parameters and variables
- VGL forms, lists, and grids
- Data retrieval from the SampleManager database
- Calling standard SampleManager menu procedures from VGL programs and passing parameters to them
- Data creation/modification/deletion
- Common VGL Objects
- External data transfer
- Process spawning from VGL
Who should attend:
Please Note:This course assumes that you are already familiar with programming in some language.
- Experienced SampleManager users
- Students wishing to customize SampleManager
We provide a hardcopy of the training manual. For attendees who complete the class, we also provide access to an online copy of the book.